Tuesday, March 1, 2011

HIS FIRST LOVE...

It’s snowing outside the window.
“Hey Ryan! Hurry up! We are late for her class,” urged Craig, my best pal. “Yeah the Ursula lady,” I said. We both laughed. We entered the class and luckily the teacher is not here yet. We both called her Ursula lady because she wear heavily make up (she looks uglier without make up) and plus she wear very tight clothes despite the amount of fat around her body, it’s really look like the evil witch, Ursula character from the Little Mermaid(crossed my finger).  It’s been two years since I left my home town, Malaysia to London, UK. I miss the heat, the food, and the girl I love so much.

I was eleven that time and going to sit for UPSR examination next year. My dad urged me to attend a course organised by the newspaper company, The Star in Penang.  So, I went there alone. Well I’m used to be alone as in school, I have only one friend. He is my best friend since primary school. He never judge people by his or her appearance. I was the nerdy guy with freckles, spots, and cold sore. I’m the number one most popular guy if you counted from behind. People said I’m sort of weird and such a jerk. Not even a single girl had ever talked to me. Not even one. It’s like I had never exist. So yeah, I went to the course and nobody at the course talked to me or even said hi or hello to me. The course was pretty great with amazing tutor but its kind the sucks because I make no friends.

 During the middle of the course, I felt that I really need to go to the washroom. So quickly I got up from my place rushed to the nearest washroom. On my way to the washroom, I accidentally knocked a girl. And that’s where the first time I met her. She flashed tomato red and was very furious. She scolded me, “Hey where the hell you put your eyes? On your butt? Are you blind? ” and lots of nasty words she used on me. I cannot mention it because when adult read it, they’ll get shocked. . I did not have time to say sorry to her. She turned away from me and disappeared. During recess time, I sat alone at the corner, and then I saw her with a boy beside her searching for empty space to eat. All the table were full except mine. So, two of them came over to my table and the boy asked me whether is there any empty places besides me. I said it’s vacant. He introduced himself and he is the cousin of her. I apologised to her, “Hey I’m sorry for that accident just now. I was on my way to the washroom and accidentally knocked you. I did not mean it.” She said. “It’s okay. And I too want to apologise because I called you with nasty words. So yeah I’m terribly sorry.”  Wow! It’s the first time ever a girl apologises to me and talked to me. She addressed herself as Natasha and I addressed myself as Ryan. She is a typical Malay girl with a beautiful smile. Her skin is ivory and she wears contacts; they are grey, cold, and humourless.
 After the recess, the tutor asked all of us to form a group so Natasha and her cousin form a group with me. We had a great time and had fun together. It was the first time in my life I learned the word fun mean. I felt the time was running very fast as the course already end. As we walked to meet our parents, we exchanged number and email. I saw my dad talking to a man in his early 40s. That man is her father. Her father and mine are friends since they were young. What a small world. Since then we were good friends.
She is a good adviser and listener. When I have problems in school and people rejected me, I always turned to her. We shared our problems and solve it together. We shared the same interest. We love music and arts. She’s unlike the girls in my school, she did not read Malay novel, published by ‘Alaf 21’ which were very popular among the girls in my school and never interest in school gossips. She said school gossips and local artist gossips are cheap. She only read English novel and political reviews.  Every school holiday, my family went to Penang as my dad bought a condominium at the Gurney drive and visited her and her family. Both our family went for holiday together. We went overseas like California, United States, Tokyo, Gold Coast and Indonesia. We had a really great time together. I like her very much and I think
After UPSR examination end, her family made a barbecue party at her house and of course my family were invited. We both sat alone together at the swing and I asked her if she already has someone in her life. She said no and asked, “Are you going to ask me to be your girlfriend?” She is so straight forward. And I said, “Yeah. Can I be your Boyfriend?” She said, “Well I can be your girlfriend unless you make a little bit change on your appearance!!” She laughed and said “I asked your mother why you never change your appearance since you are kind the cute. And besides she did tell me after you met me you seems so happy and I was the first girl that had ever talked to you and make friend with you. Plus, she said that you kept asking your parents when they’ll going to visit Penang.  I blushed and said, “Well it’s true that you are the first girl that ever talked to me and friends with me. And yet, you make my life so happy despite my ugliness.”  “Hello! You are not ugly. You kind the cute too.  It’s just that you need a change on your appearance. Thank God you just meet a person who is great in fashion stuff and one day she’s going to be a famous fashion designer like Donatella Versace. And that is me. You will be my first ever customer,” she said. And I said, “Okay. Deal.”
She went to my house and of course entered my room. My mum entrusted her to change my appearance. She opened my closet and said, “OMFG.  You really need lots of changes in your appearance dork.”  And so both our family went to Kuala Lumpur and stayed at Palace of the Golden Horses. We went to One Utama shopping centre and KLCC to buy my clothes and accessories. We entered Levis, Puma, Nike, Calvin Klein, DKNY, Billabong, Georgio Armani, Espirit, The Jefferson and Japanese store. We bought clothes, jeans, shoes, accessories and watches. I got twenty new shirts and t-shirts paired with matched jeans and accessories. Five new shoes from Adidas and Nike.  And four new watches from Seiko, Swatch and Orient. All my old clothes were given to the orphanage house. Then, we went to TRESemmé hair saloon. My hair been rebonding and coloured into dark chestnut brown. Then, we went back to Penang and went to New York skin solutions to remove my freckles and spots. My mum hired a personal trainer and sends me to karate class. Natasha and I went to British Council Academy to learn speaking English fluently.
After two months, I’ll transform from a nerdy guy to a Korean hunky guy. Don’t get myself wrong. My dad is Malay-English while my mum Irish-Chinese. Thanks to her and my beloved mum, with my new look I feel more confident and increase my self-esteem. When school reopen and I entered High School as a form one student, my best friend, Isaac barely recognised me. Former students especially girls from my primary school asked my best friend who am I and asked him to introduced them to me. Like a hell I want to know them. They did not even want to talk to me or even said hello or hi when I was ‘The Nerdy Guy’. These types of peoples should not make as your friends because they only see from the outside not from the inside. Lots of girls came to approach me asked my number and whether I already have a girlfriend. I did not give my number and said I already have someone in my heart. I have been rated as the most popular guy in the school. With my new look and plus I got excellent result every examination and good in sports; I got big post in every society I joined. I became the teacher’s apple eyes.  Thanks to Natasha I learned a lot of things from her especially when differentiate between a true friend and a friend who only there when you are popular or with good appearance. She opens my eyes by saying this, “When you make a new changes in your life, lots of good things will come to you.” She was right. My life seems very wonderful since she made me change my looks. At her thirteenth birthday, which was on February 22, I came over to her house and asked again can I be her boyfriend and she said yes. It was the most wonderful things happen in my life; I got lots of friends, teachers adore me, excellent results and the best of all I got a most wonderful girlfriend and best friend ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment